Friday, June 15, 2012

Because of the Lord's Great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  Lamentations 3:22-23

I can't describe what has gone through my mind.  All Nolan's symptoms pointed to tumor progression.  I know he had the CT and everything was stable but MRI's can give you such a clear picture. I wasn't going to be at peace until Nolan had one.  I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Because they had to fit him in on such short notice, Nolan had to do the MRI without sedation.  45 minute scan and Nolan was as still as a statue.  I'm so proud of him :-)

Results...Dr. Aguilera wheeled the computer in the room and compared last MRI on May 1st to today's MRI.  There is no way to measure everything perfectly but the tumors were measuring slightly smaller :-) The metronomic chemotherapy is not designed to shrink the tumors over night.  It's a gradual process.  In some cases the tumors shrink and some just remain stable.  We will continue to be thankful for the progress Nolan has made and pray for the tumors to shrink some more!

Thank you for praying for Nolan It's been a rough week but
Dr. Aguilera has given us the go ahead! We are headed to the beach for the Lighthouse reatreat.  We need this time away as a family.  Nolan will get released from the hospital tomorrow morning, we will go home rest up and pack our bags.  woohoo!

Everyday is such a blessing to treasure...



2 comments:

  1. Praise God! I'm so glad to hear the news! was on my knees praying over Nolan. Hope you all have a great time at Lighthouse!

    Passion Kids 1st Grade Tent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I hope you all had a great week!! How's Nolan feeling?? He's been on my mind all summer. Tell Simon that I miss him too!!!

    ��Libby

    ReplyDelete