Sunday, July 1, 2012

busy, busy, busy!!



Nolan had the best time at Camp Sunshine! I really didn't think he would stay all week considering how tired he's been lately but he proved me wrong, as always!  When I went to pick him up he was surrounded by people and had this look on his face like he'd be ok if he stayed or went home...lol

Saturday Cure Childhood Cancer had a picnic at Six Flags. So we braved the heat and went. We pretty much stayed in the water park or on the water rides.  The kids had a blast!!   Six Flags has been raising money for Cure Childhood Cancer and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.  As of Saturday they have raised $16,000.  Way to go Six Flags!  

Tomorrow morning I go to get Nolan's blood counts checked to see if he's ok to start cycle 2.  He's been on chemo 42 days straight now.  Everyone has told me how wonderful the metronomic chemotherapy has been.  We haven't seen that yet.  Nolan has just had a lot of side effects and has had a rough time adjusting.  I can say the past two days have been better.  Basically I was told he needs time to adjust to all these new medications.  I'm starting to see signs of Nolan feeling better and it's such a relief.  Today is the first day he's gone without a nap :-) Thank you for all the prayers!  Here's some picture of the past week...


The kids on thunder river at six flags


Charlie coming of the slide at six flags.

Simon trying to stay cool!

Luke playing in the water

Yum!  Nolan loves icecream :-)

Nolan saying Hi to taz and tweety

Nolan giving tweety a hug.  Had no idea how much he loved characters until Saturday!  He had to give them all hugs and he didn't want to let go of Daffy...lol

Simon, Charlie and tweety

Nolan at Camp Sunshine getting his shirt signed by a UGA football player.

The smile says he had another amazing week at camp sunshine!
I'm so proud of my little camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment